Last Updated: October 10, 2019
This Privacy Notice does not cover how our customers (such as trip brokers and transit agencies) may use the data that we collect on their behalf. For information about how a particular customer uses data, please contact the applicable customer directly.
- The Information That We Collect
- Personal When you use the Site, you may provide and we may collect information about you or that can be used to identify you, such as your name, e-mail address, geographic location, home address, mobile phone number, age or age range, gender, and date of birth (“Personal Information”). For example, you may provide us with Personal Information when you fill out the “Contact Us” form on the Site.
- Cookies When you use the Site, we may send one or more Cookies (which are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer or mobile device. We may use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. A Session Cookie disappears after you close your browser. A Persistent Cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent Cookies can be removed. Please review your web browser “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your Cookie settings. If you delete or choose not to accept Cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize all features of the Site.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you visit the Site, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site. This includes information about how you use and navigate the Site, including which links you click on, which pages or content you view and for how long, and other similar information and statistics about your interactions with the Site. When you use the Site on a mobile device, we may also collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or wireless local area network signals.
- How We Use Your Information
Your information is an integral part of our operations, and we use it in a variety of ways in operating our business and providing products and services. For example:
- We use the information that you provide to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features of the Site.
- We use the information that you provide to understand and analyze the usages trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site, to create new features and functionality, and to improve fraud detection and information security.
- We may use your e-mail address or other Personal Information (a) to send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions, (b) send you information related to your product and/or service, or (c) market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our customers after an initial transaction has occurred. Generally, you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications through links provided in the messages or by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
- When We Disclose Information
We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information with other people or nonaffiliated companies except when we have your permission, as required by law, and/or under the following circumstances:
- We work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third-party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process information about you. Our third-party service providers do not have any independent right to use or share such information outside of their relationship with CTS.
- In some cases, in order to provide the products and services available through and/or in connection with the Site, we provide information about you to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with us under confidentiality agreements. Our partners do not have any independent right to use or share such information outside of their relationship with CTS.
- We may partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third-party partners may use tracking technologies to gather information about your activities on our Site and other websites to provide you with advertising based on your browsing activities and interests. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how Do Not Track should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
- We may share information about you in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may transfer or assign information about you if CTS is acquired by or merged with another company, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
You may request information about service providers, partners, and other third parties we work with at any time. If you would like CTS to stop providing your Personal Information to any third party, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your Rights (Choice, Opt-out, and Do Not Track Disclosures)
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have legal rights in relation to your Personal Information. These rights may include:
- Declining to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site.
- Requesting and obtaining information regarding how CTS may use your Personal Information.
- In some circumstances, requesting and receiving some Personal Information about you that you have provided to CTS (for California residents, please see Section 6 below regarding verified consumer access requests).
- In some circumstances, requesting that CTS correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- In some circumstances, requesting that we erase your Personal Information (but please note that there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to retain Personal Information regardless of any such request).
- In some circumstances, requesting that we restrict or block our processing of your Personal Information (again, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled to refuse that request).
- Where applicable, the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by CTS.
You can inquire about your rights by contacting us using the details listed below in Section 9.
- How We Protect Your Information
- Data Security. We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Sites and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to your information, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
- Data Retention. We only store your information for as long as may be needed to provide services to you, with the exception of information that we may need to store for a longer period of time to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for records management purposes. CTS will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
- Protecting Children. Our Site and our products and services are intended for use by those over the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access the Sites at any time or in any manner.
- Privacy Notice Information for California Residents
- International Visitors
This Site is controlled and operated by CTS in the United States. If you choose to access the Site from outside the United States, you acknowledge that you will be transferring your information, including Personal Information, outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, as necessary to provide to you the products and services available through the Site.
Depending on the jurisdiction in which you reside, you may have the right to access, correct, delete, or restrict use of certain Personal Information covered by this Privacy Notice. Depending on the jurisdiction, you may also have the right to request that we refrain from processing your Personal Information. Please bear in mind that if you exercise such rights this may affect our ability to provide you with certain services.
For inquiries about your Personal Information, please contact CTS using the details set out in Section 9, below. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if allowed or required by applicable laws. Please note that it may take some time to process your request, consistent with applicable law.
- Other Important Information
- Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat your information, including by placing a prominent notice on the Site or by sending you an email so that you can choose whether to continue using the Site. Material modifications are effective 30 calendar days after our initial notification or upon your acceptance of the modified Terms. Immaterial modifications are effective upon posting of the updated Privacy Notice or Terms of Service on the Site. Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Privacy Notice. For the avoidance of doubt, disputes arising hereunder will be resolved in accordance with the Privacy Notice in effect at the time the dispute arose.
- Limitation of Liability. By accessing the Site and/or providing us with Personal Information and other data, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold us harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of such information. In addition, while we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data by our service providers that may receive your information from us, we are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your information caused by those service providers.
- Third Party Websites. The Site may provide links to, or features from, other third-party websites. If you link to or use such third-party sites or features, you do so at your own risk. We do not control and are not responsible for the content or practices of any third-party website, application, or other product or service.
- Nevada Residents. If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to opt out of any sale of your Personal Data to any third parties. CTS typically does not sell Personal Data to third parties, but you can contact us using the details set out in Section 9 below to tell us that you do not want us to sell yours.
- California Residents. Civ. Code § 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the details set out in Section 9 below. This document is the sole statement of the CTS Privacy Notice and no summary, restatement or other version thereof, or other privacy statement or policy, in any form, including, without limitation, machine-generated, is valid.
- Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by e-mail at email@example.com or via a toll-free telephone call at: 1(800)704-0064.
PO Box 57
205 Ashley Court
Swansboro, NC 28584
* * *